A three week exploration (Nov. 5, 12, and 19) of gender roles, Scripture, and what mutual flourishing might look like. Sunday mornings at 9:30am in the fellowship hall.
Explore more with these resources:
- Barr, Beth Allison. The Making of Biblical Womanhood: How the Subjugation of Women Became Gospel Truth. Grand Rapid, MI: Brazos Press, 2021.
- Bass, Diana Butler. “All the Marys.” 2018. https://dianabutlerbass.substack.com/p/mary-the-tower
- Bessey, Sarah. Jesus Feminist: An Invitation to Revisit the Bible’s View of Women. New York: Howard Books, 2013.
- Bird, Michael F. Bourgeois Babes, Bossy Wives, and Bobby Haircuts: A Case for Gender Equality in Ministry.
- Byrd, Aimee. Recovering from Biblical Manhood and Womanhood: How the Church Needs to Rediscover Her Purpose. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2020.
- Custis James, Carolyn. Malestrom: How Jesus Dismantles Patriarchy and Redefines Manhood. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2022.
- Sawatsky, Joanna, Rebecca Gregoire Lindenbach, and Sheila Wray Gregoire. The Great Sex Rescue: The Lies You’ve Been Taught and How to Recover What God Intended. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2021.
- Harris, Shannon. The Woman They Wanted: Shattering the Illusion of the Good Christian Wife. Minneapolis, MN: Broadleaf Books, 2023.
- Lee-Barnewall, Michelle. Neither Complementarian nor Egalitarian: A Kingdom Corrective to the Evangelical Gender Debate. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker, 2016.
- McKnight, Scot. Junia is Not Alone: Breaking our Silence about Women and the Church Today. Englewood, CO: 2011.
- Peppiatt, Lucy. Women and Worship at Corinth: Paul’s Rhetorical Arguments in 1 Corinthians. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, 2015.
- Peppiatt, Lucy. Unveiling Paul’s Women: Making Sense of 1 Corinthians 11:2–16. Eugene, OR: Cascade Books, 2018.
- Piper, John and Wayne Grudem. Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood: A Response to Evangelical Feminism. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Books, 1991.
- Schrader, Elizabeth, “Was Martha of Bethany Added to the Fourth Gospel in the Second Century?” Harvard Theological Review 110, no. 3 (July 2017): 360–392. https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/harvard-theological-review/article/abs/was-martha-of-bethany-added-to-the-fourth-gospel-in-the-second-century/6CBD2C9576A583DD02987FE836C427B7
- Stankorb, Sarah. Disobedient Women: How a Small Group of Faithful Women Exposed Abuse, Brought Down Powerful Pastors, and Ignited and Evangelical Reckoning. New York: Worthy Books, 2023.
- Osiek, Carolyn, Margaret Y. Macdonald, and Janet H. Tulloch. A Woman’s Place: House Churches in Earliest Christianity. Minneapolis, MN: Augsburg Fortress, 2006.